Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Magnify!

(in the picture at left)

Ryland, my grandon & I, at the hospital, reading cards. (I am the one with the tubes looking at pictures & he is the one reading.
This is the only hospital picture you will see and it is posted so you can meet Ryland!

Magnify
My father always used to say to me, "To be so smart at schoolwork, you really do some dumb stuff." As I think back to some of the things I did, while growing up, I realize he was right. When I was about 6 years old, I had some really cool binoculars. Did you know that if you look through the lenses backwards that everything looks far away? I had so much fun running and chasing my sister this way. There is a photo of me with circular bruises around my eyes when I ran into the wall, but it looked so far away!
Later I was given my first magnifying glass. This may be a boy thing, but I absolutely spent hours looking at things through this fascinating device. Then I learned what would happen if you would focus the rays of the sun throught the glass. Shazam!! Smoke and then fire! So I wonder how hot this gets? Yes, you got it, in about 5 minutes later my mom was applying burn gel to my leg.
Magnify! This word has been impressed upon me throughout this race.
19 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. Phil 1:19-20 (NKJV)
The love of my Savior shines most brightly when treasured above above health and wealth. Fleeing and avoiding pain, suffering, and even death is the shortest path to a life of waste. I will not waste my life. The scripture above speaks my heart. I will not be ashamed and I will magnify Christ in my body. (I know you saw that BODY in that hospital picture!)
27 Let them shout for joy and be glad, Who favor my righteous cause; And let them say continually, "Let the LORD be magnified, Psalms 35:27 (NKJV)
I'm afraid many Christians waste their lives by trying to escape the cost of love. And the cost of love is the suffering of our Savior. I will magnify the Lord!

2 comments:

TAMMY said...

Amen Brother! Ryland is precious, I have not seen him since he was an infant. He sure looks like he is having a special time with his grandpa. Kevin, you inspire me beyond words as I too run this race (a little slower of course - ha,ha). As Phyllis said you continue to teach us even though you are not able to be with us in Sunday school. I am praying for good news today at the doctor. Bless you brother.

Tammy (your fellow runner & sister in Christ)

.:rweaver:. said...

A passage that the Lord brought to my attention (through The Experiencing God Devo) this morning was 2 Peter 1:3-11. There is no doubt in my mind that the Lord's "Goodness" is being made known in the midst of His Movement through all of this.

Check it out in the NCV... Good stuff...


"Jesus has the power of God, by which he has given us everything we need to live and to serve God..."




(press on)